Globalization Monitor (GM) is a non-profit organization based in Hong Kong. (www.globalmon.org.hk)
GM has been the chief organization to dedicate itself to promoting awareness of the negative effects of globalization. GM was concerned about China's water supply reform in 2006 when we published the Chinese edition of the book "Reclaiming Public Water". We look to build a public awareness for the upcoming challenges surrounding water supply in both Hong Kong and China, namely water pollution incurred by cross-border capital and water supply privatization.
Researchers (Full-time 1 year and Part-time 0.5 year)
- To develop concrete research plan, based on the already approved proposal, deliver research duties and write research report on water supply policies in both Hong Kong and China (particularly southern China)
- To maintain accurate reporting and analysis functions to the board, and control the expenditure in research work
- To initiate discussions on water issues and its relations with the broader globalization issue, among the board members and our allies
- To communicate with the assistant researcher in mainland China, and share information with each other
- To manage the daily office routine work, coordinate regular board meetings and attend external meetings on behalf of GM
- Travel to mainland China and other countries is necessary
- Degree holder; MPhil or PhD (research) degree is definitely an advantage
- Minimum 1 year NGO work experience
- Good demand of written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese) and English. Fluent Mandarin is definitely an advantage
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Independent, mature, self-starter, able to work under pressure and time line
Any interested parties, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to Globalization Monitor ([email protected]).
(All information collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.)