1. Both see themselves as the savior of the world, has the ultimate truth, aim to to save the world.(Maybe later less idealism for Chinese communist,more idealism for STL)
2. Both has no capacity for self-correction, or an ability to see itself from a different perspective. Chinese communist party has never admit it made any mistake in the past officially, and STL praise itself in its own advertisement. Our party/group can NEVER be wrong.
3. Both are hypocritical, demanding higher ethics and moral standard for the outside; while has little regard to apply the same standard to themselves. The corruption in mainland China doesn't require any clarification here, and STL has use lies, half-truths and outright deception; which is against the ten commandment of Bible.
4. Both love violence and war. Needless to say all war-like slogan in China: 'Fight, engage, victory, conquer'; little notice is STL has terms like 'Moral warfare','Onward, Christian solider','conquer','Fighting' ; they both even share the same song(with different wording).Violence by Chinese communist doesn't require my recall here, STL wage countless 'moral warfare' like signatory campaign, advertisement. The mindset is to win or loss each battle, but no comprise.
5. Both has invested so much in its own philosophies that they literally living inside their own world. Common sense doesn't apply to them, each share an understanding that outsider found ridiculous or stupid. For instance, Chinese communist still see all politics as a process of struggle; and STL see itself as a solider in a war of its own imagination, see 'the right of discrimination' as part of human right.