Organisation: China Human Rights Lawyers Concern Group (中國維權律師關注組)
Position: Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant (Full-time)
2) Provide administrative and executive assistance to the office
3) Handle phone calls and mailings
4) Assist the Executive Secretary in all financial and administrative work
5) News clipping
6) Compile and maintain the organisation’s contact and email lists
1) Holder of LCCI immediate certificate or equivalent qualification
2) At least one-year experience in administration work experience
3) F.7 graduate
4) Well-organized, details oriented
5) Proficiency in computer applications: MS Office Word and Excel
6) NGO experience preferred
7) Immediately available is preferred
Closing Date: 10 February 2012
Description of organisation: China Human Rights Lawyers Concern Group (CHRLCG) is a non-profit organisation based in Hong Kong SAR. It targets on advocating for the protection of the rights of human rights lawyers and legal rights defenders in China.
It was established on 20 January 2007. Current board members included prominent human rights lawyer and legislator Albert Ho Chun-yan (Chair), legislator Emily Lau Wai-hing (Vice-chairperson), barristers Cheung Yiu-leung, Linda Wong (Treasurer) and Dennis Kwok, solicitors John Clancey and Chong Yiu-kwong (Secretary), and journalism professor To Yiu-ming. The initial funding of this group valued at HK$1.2 million per year is generously provided by Sir Joseph Hotung. The group is expanding with some new funding sources.
We acknowledge that despite their endeavours to fight for the rights of the underprivileged within the legal framework, many lawyers and legal activists in China have been subject to tremendous political pressure and unfair treatment by the Chinese authorities. They and their families deserve more attention and support from Hong Kong society and the international community.
Our organization provides basic medical insurance and labour insurance in accordance with legal requirements. Interested parties please send your application with full resumé indicating date of availability, latest and expected salary to fax: 23887270 or email: [email protected]